Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting ready for Summer 2013


     The kiddos are almost finished with Mother's day out for the year, even though I feel like I was just getting everything ready for the beginning of the year.  We have lots of fun things planned and have already been to the beach with the Willards this past weekend - which was great!  It's pretty awesome that our kids are old enough to play so well with their cousins now, and I love getting to know all of my nieces' and nephews' unique personalities.  Mae and Chaney were fast friends.  These sweet girls played dress-up, doctor, had a tea party, and played with Murphy (Mitsi's dog) for three days without any fights (amazing, I know!).  Layton had a great time at the beach. He loves to jump the waves with his daddy, and he and I kicked the soccer ball around for a while. The weather was great. The water was a little cold for me (I hate cold water, one of my things), but it was just fine for everyone else.  Hattie Joy ate so much sand that it turned up in her diaper....She literally became "one with the beach"! Haha! It would be great if we could do a yearly trip to the beach with the whole Pair family :)








     
   

     Layton had his first sleepover Sunday night. It might have been a terrible idea to schedule this the day we came home from the beach (Matt and I were pretty exhausted), but we made it happen because it's difficult to schedule things like this with everyone's activities.  I'm so glad it all worked out. Layton and Luke had a great time playing video games and watching movies. They ate pizza and stayed up  late. All in all, a pretty successful sleepover!



Some quotes from the boys:

Layton: Luke, how old is your mom?
Luke: I'm not sure...probably 99 or something...she's older.

Luke: If you put your head under the covers long enough you'll die.

Layton: I put two pillows at the end of the bed at night so monsters don't get me.



Chaney recently had her 2nd birthday party (which was Little Mermaid themed, just like her friend Ella's).  It was extra special because she had lots of family here for it, including two sets of grandparents! She's also made some GREAT friends in Sugar Land over the past year who came to play.  Our home is now filled with dress-up clothes and pink toys.





















Chaney is talking non-stop these days.  She loves to sing and dance and knows several songs including: Ring Around the Rosie, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC's, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, You Are My Sunshine, and Jesus Loves Me.  She also knows all her shapes and colors.  I'm thinking about putting her in some dance classes soon.


May 20, 2013

No comments: